Safety Lab (SL)
1. Nodal division for work related to ISO 9001: 2015 Certification of TEC-HQ by External Auditor.
The TL Division is the Nodal Division entrusted with the works related to ISO 9001:2015 Certification of TEC and for monitoring/ maintenance of the activities in accordance with the processes detailed in the Quality Management System (QMS).
ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Preparation and Control of QMS documents like Quality Manual, Quality System Procedure, Common Divisional Procedure and Divisional Manual.
- Issue of Controlled copies of the above documents to all the Divisions.
- Modification of documents as proposed by the Division or on its own.
- Finalisation of Internal Audit schedule and coordination for Internal Audit of the all the Division /span>every six months.
- Coordination for External Audit and Surveillance Audit by the External Auditor.
- Management Review Meeting after each internal Audit.
2. Setting up of Safety Lab in TEC HQ.
In pursuit of Mandatory Testing and Certification of Telecom Equipment (MTCTE) scheme, TEC has to establish safety Lab within the premises of TEC for testing the Safety of Telecommunication equipment. In this lab products mainly related to Telecommunication like PABX, Switch, routers, modems etc. shall be tested.
This lab shall fulfil the following objectives:
- Compliance Audit of Conformity Assessments Bodies (CABs) designated by TEC.
- Market surveillance to verify the safety of the telecommunication products available in the markets.