Fixed Access (FA)
- The “Fixed Access (FA)” Division is responsible for formulating a single fully compatible standard in the form of Generic Requirements, Interface Requirements and Guidelines by harmonizing with the international standards ( i.e. ITU, ATIS, ETSI, IEEE, IEC, ASTM, IETF, ISO, MEF, 3GPP etc.) in the area of Fixed Access Technology for development of new products as per standards thus formulated to bring about self-reliance in the manufacturing and Technology development sectors of Indian Telecom Industry.
- Adoption of green policy in telecom sector and reduction of carbon footprint in Indian Telecom Network is another area of activity of FA division.
- Preparation of GR / IR / SR / TSTP etc. on products related to access technology equipment, customer premises equipment, Passive Optical Networks equipment, Power plant and batteries by interacting with the stake holders.
- Preparation of technical documents, white papers and study papers on Fixed Access technology and Green Telecom.
- Formulation of guidelines/standards on green Telecom with the objectivity for enhanced and continued adoption of green policy in telecom sector and to incentivize use of renewable energy sources and energy efficient equipment for long term sustainability.
- Under Mandatory Certificate Scheme, coordinating with regional Centers of TEC for Type Approval testing and certification.
- Testing of C-DOT developed fixed access equipment for Technology approval