Internet of Things (IoT)
About IoT Division
New division with the name of Services & Development (S&D) was created in July 2013. It started working on Machine to Machine Communication (M2M) and released nine Technical Reports in this domain in year 2015. It was later re-named as Internet of Things (IoT) division in December 2015.
An overview of Machine to Machine communication (M2M) / Internet of Things( IoT).
- Study of Machine to Machine (M2M) communications / Internet of Things (IoT) to finalize specifications for Indian ecosystem in sync with global SDOs.
- Framing GR / IR/ ER for the devices related to M2M / IoT domain.
- Providing technical / policy inputs to DoT, BIS, TSDSI, NITI Aayog and MoHUA on M2M / IoT and 5G related issues
- Preparing Technical Papers.
- Finalising IoT standards for Smart Cities.
- Adoption of OneM2M standards transposed by TSDSI.
- Participation & submitting contributions in ITU-T Study Group (SG)-20. ITU-T SG-20 is on IoT and its applications in Smart Cities & Communities.
- MTCTE (Mandatory Testing and Certification of Telecom Equipments) : Essential Requirements (ERs) of M2M / IoT devices and Gateways covered in MTCTE.
- Expansion of IoT Experience Center
- M2M / IoT Technical Reports Technical Report release gallery
- Important actionable points emerged from the technical reports
- Details of contributions and approval as ITU-T Recommendations
- Essential Requirements(ERs) for Smart Devices.
- oneM2M release 2 specifications have been adopted as National standards
- IoT Experience Center inaugurated by Advisor TEC on 27th Sept 2019 Click here for Inaugural Photos
- Conference on M2M / IoT Enabling Smart Infrastructure held on 8th January 2019 in TEC
- Study Papers on M2M / IoT.