Conformity Assessment Body
Designation and Recognition of Conformity Assessment Bodies (CAB) and Certification Bodies (CB)
Telecommunication Engineering Centre (TEC) under Department of Telecommunications (DoT), Ministry of Communications and IT, Government of India has been appointed as the Designating Authority (DA) on behalf of DoT for Telecom Equipment. TEC as DA will be designating Conformity Assessment Bodies (CABs)/Certification Bodies (CBs) located in India to perform testing and certification of telecom products The role of TEC as DA is also to recognise Foreign CABs/CBs located in the territory of MRA partner to perform testing and certification of telecom products to Indian requirements.
The following documents lay down the procedures and criteria for designating Conformity Assessment Bodies for testing and/ or certifying to the MRA partners requirements. The document also lays down the procedure for recognising Foreign CABs/ CBs designated by the MRA partners to certify to Indian requirements.
To qualify for designation/ recognition, the CABs/ CBs must fulfill the criteria as given in Clause No.9 of the Scheme.
TEC is now accepting application for CAB Designation in Online mode only on NSWS CAB Designation Portal.
The Govt. (Central/State Govt.) Testing Agencies/ Organizations/Institutes/IITs and other Government Autonomous Bodies shall have to apply for CAB Designation in offline mode to TEC.
Scheme for Designating Domestic Testing and Certification Bodies for Conformity Assessment of Telecommunication Equipment
- New Scheme of CAB Designation-Issue 3-TEC 04019:2023 -effective from 19.04.2023
- Amendment No-1 dated 06.10.2023 in CAB Designation Scheme
- Procedure/Guidelines for Suspension or Withdrawal and Appeal
- Appeal Officer-CAB Designation
- Old CAB Designation Scheme, Issue-2-December-2017, valid upto 18.04.2023
- Letter regarding Online Portal for TEC CAB designation
- Checklist for CAB Application Form
- FAQ related to CAB Designation
- Feedback Form for CAB Designation process
- Click here for payment for CAB through NTRP (online)
- CAB details w.r.t. Test parameters
- Provisional Designation for Domestic Conformity Assessment Bodies (CABs)
- Designation of Labs as Conformity Assessment Body (CAB) for 5G Products
Scheme for Recognising Foreign Testing and Certification Bodies for Conformity Assessment of Telecommunication Equipment
TEC as the Designating Authority reserves the right to amend and introduce new requirements to this scheme as and when required.
At present India has Mutual Recognition Agreement or Arrangement (MRA) with Singapore in Telecom Sector. IDA Singapore has scheme for recognition of CAB/CBs which gives details of their Telecom Specifications and Test Procedure. Details about Singapore on Telecom sector is available at Infocomm Development Authority (IDA), Singapore.