IPv6 Ready Logo Test Lab
Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) Lab setup by Telecommunication Engineering Centre (TEC) has earned a unique distinction of being approved by IPv6 Ready Logo Committee under IPv6 Forum which is an International body. This achievement is significant for TEC and the country as only 5 other labs in the world have achieved this milestone. India has thus joined the selected group of countries which include USA, China, Taiwan and Korea.
This test lab caters to Conformance as well as Interoperability testing of various software / equipment which have implemented IPv6. It has also the capability of examination of test results sent by other IPv6 Ready Logo approved labs.
Government of India has taken several policy initiatives so that the service providers, content providers and the customer premises equipment vendors are encouraged to move to IPv6 address implementation. Setting up testing infrastructure is one of the objectives of National Telecom Policy (NTP)-2012. Establishment and designation of TEC lab as IPv6 Ready Logo lab is one such step which shall enable vendors/developers to avail the facility of internationally recognized test lab in India. Availability of approved lab shall promote end-user confidence in using IPv6 Ready Logo approved products.
TEC is now well positioned to play a catalytic role in faster uptake of IPv6 implementation in India as well as in International arena, thus fostering development of Next Generation Internet globally.
Ready Logo Program
The IPv6 Forum, a world-wide consortium, with a key focus to provide technical guidance for the deployment of IPv6, launched a single world-wide IPv6 Ready Logo Program (conformance and interoperability testing). The IPv6 Ready Logo Program is a conformance and interoperability testing program intended to increase user confidence by demonstrating that IPv6 is available now and ready to be used.
The IPv6 Forum has created the IPv6 Ready Logo Committee (v6LC), to manage the IPv6 Ready Logo Program. It comprises representatives from equipment vendors, service providers, academic institutions, IPv6 organizations, members from IPv6 Ready Logo approved labs.
IPv6 Ready Logo Phase Series – Phase-1 (Concluded) and Phase-2.
The IPv6 Ready Logo series of tests were progressively enriched, from a minimum coverage with Phase-1 to a more complete coverage with the Phase-2.
- Phase 1 (Silver) Logo (Concluded): This Phase-1 logo has been concluded November 2011. This Logo indicated that the product includes IPv6 mandatory core protocols and can interoperate with other IPv6 implementations.
- Phase 2 (Gold) Logo: The IPv6 Ready Core Logo expands the “core IPv6 protocols” test coverage to approximately 450 tests and adds new extended test categories. The Logo background color is Gold. The Phase 2 Logo has been available since February 16, 2005. The Gold Logo verifies optimum compliance because of the complete series of tests including the “MUST” and the recommended “SHOULD” for the IETF specifications testing.
Products that can obtain the Phase-2 Logo (Core Protocols)
IPv6 Ready Logo Approved Test Laboratory provides a service to vendors for obtaining the IPv6 Ready Logo. Following are the approved labs:
- BII (China)
- CHT-TL (Taiwan)
- IRISA (France)
- JATE (Japan)
- UNH-IOL (US)
- TEC (India)
- TTA (Korea)
For more details and policy for logo usage please visit http://www.ipv6ready.org
TESTING OF PRODUCT
Application forms are to be submitted by vendors at two stages for IPv6 ready logo testing at TEC. Both the application forms should be submitted either by post or directly at TEC by the applicant.
|APPLICATION FORM 1||APPLICATION FORM 2|
The above application forms are for IPv6 ready logo testing at TEC.
After submission of APPLICATION FORM 1 the scrutiny of application form will be done at TEC. After acceptance of APPLICATION FORM 1, the APPLICATION FORM 2 needs to be filled and demand draft with the following given details should be attached and submitted either by post or directly at TEC.
|1||Testing fee||Rs. 35,000/-|
|2||Payment Mode||Demand Draft|
|3||In favor of||AO(cash), TEC, New Delhi|
|5||Beneficiary Name||Accounts Officer (cash)|
|6||Bank||State Bank of India, Main Branch, Parliament Street, New Delhi 110001.|
EXAMINATION OF TEST RESULTS
After completion of testing in TEC lab, results will be handed over to applicants and the same has to be uploaded in IPv6 Ready Logo website for examination by the applicant.The applicant can choose any examination lab as per their choice.The examiner lab will examine the test results and send its report to the IPv6 Ready Logo committee.Certificate will be issued by IPv6 Ready Logo Committee after the approval of examined test results.
After completion of testing in any IPv6 Ready Logo Lab , the applicant can choose any of examination lab from all IPv6 Ready Logo approved labs as per its choice.The examiner lab will examine the test results and send its report to the IPv6 Ready Logo Committee. Certificate will be issued by IPv6 Ready Logo Committee after the approval of examined test results. Examination fee details as approved by IPv6 Ready Logo committee is specified below.
EXAMINATION FEE DETAILS:
- The amount of examination fee is USD 500 and its actual accrual shall be in INR based on exchange rate of the day of SBI.
- Examination fee shall be paid either by bank draft in favour of “AO (cash), TEC, New Delhi” or online transfer through swift code with following details:
|1||Account Name||AO (cash), TEC, New Delhi|
|2||Address||Telecommunication Engineering Centre Gate No. 5, Khurshid Lal Bhavan, Janpath, New Delhi – 110001|
|3||Account No||30257315120 (Receipt Account)|
|5||Beneficiary Name||Accounts Officer (Cash)|
|6||Bank||State Bank of India, Main Branch, Parliament Street, New Delhi 110001|
|7||Swift Code No.||SBININBB104|
For more details please visit http://www.ipv6ready.org
For availing lab test facilities in TEC please contact
For more details and policy for logo usage please visit https://www.ipv6ready.org/?page=contact
How to obtain IPv6 Ready Logo
The process for obtaining the IPv6 Ready Logo for the different test categories is basically the same. The tested product needs to pass 100% each of the appropriate conformance and interoperability test assertions.
- Download the test specifications from the IPv6 Ready Logo web site at https://www.ipv6ready.org/?page=phase-2-tech-info.
- Either download the self-testing tools and interoperability test scenarios and execute them against your product; or submit your product to one of the IPv6 Ready Logo Recognized laboratories for testing.
- Gather the complete test result log from either 1) the self-testing tool and interoperability test you conducted or 2) an IPv6 Ready testing laboratory.
- Fill out the Application Form at https://www.ipv6ready.org/db/index.php/form/.
- Select the Application Type: New application and continue to fill out the Application Form. (Please fill out the form in English).
- Next, review your information and Confirm the Application.
- Then, upload your test results(*1) as one archive file using the following syntax: (Vendor Name)_(Product Name)_(Product Version).tar.gz and confirm the upload by clicking the Next button.
- Then Select the Examination Lab that you wish to review your results by using the drop down menu.
- Once submitted, an email will be sent to you as a confirmation and it will also include your Application ID. Please note – you must confirm the IPv6 Ready Logo Usage Agreement using the link in the email prior the application review.
- Once the Usage Agreement has been confirmed, please wait for the examination lab to start the review. The examination lab may charge $500 USD for reviewing your application and will bill you directly. Some examination labs may waive this fee if it was covered under their testing services. Please inquire with them.
- You may refer to the How to apply via Online application form (https://www.ipv6ready.org/db/index.php/form/) regarding checking, selecting a new examination lab or resubmitting your application.
- The IPv6 Ready Logo Examiner on the IPv6 Ready Logo Technical Group will contact you in order to guide the examination process of your application.
- Examination will be started by the IPv6 Ready Logo Examiner. If the applicant does not get any response within 1 month, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After review by the IPv6 Ready Logo Technical Group, if the tested product passes 100% of the appropriate conformance and interoperability test assertions the IPv6 Forum Logo Regional Officers will assign a Logo ID and authorize the usage of the IPv6 Ready Logo.
- Approved information of this application will be put on the approval website at https://www.ipv6ready.org/db/index.php/public/?o=6
- Each applicant will receive an IPv6 Ready Logo ID to identify their approved Logo.
- To update the information of an approved product (i.e. version no.), please send the following information to v6-appli [ at ] ipv6ready.org . (For security reasons, we will email the original contact person as stated on the original application.) The new information will be subscribed to the database, only when confirmed.
- Vendor name
- Product name
- Newest product information that you want to change Logo ID
The IPv6 Ready Logo ID includes: Serial Number and, approved functional component(s).
IPv6 ready Logo Certificate Issued
|Certificate issued to C-DoT GPON||Terms & Condition of the certificates|