Access Lab (AL)
Access Lab Division is responsible for establishment of State of Art Testing Infrastructure for Protocol & Radio conformance with available standards i.e access lab in TEC Delhi for testing the User equipment like Mobile handset, dongles, Tablets, PDAs, Wireless Access Nodes like BSC, BTS, RNC, NodeB, eNodeB, gNodeB, IOT/M2M devices like smart meters, WiFi devices including built in ones testing, SIM/USIM/eSIM testing, Location Services (LBS) testing, Audio Quality including VoLTE voice testing.
The setting up of Labs in TEC is in tune with the objectives of the NTP 2012 policy and the amendment done in the Indian Telegraph rules 1885 i.e Indian Telegraph (Amendment) Rules, 2017 for Mandatory Testing and Certification of all telecom devices and for which TEC have been mandated.
Labs in TEC have been set up broadly with following two objectives
- To set-up world-class testing infrastructure in the country in order ensure strict end-to-end functioning/ smooth working on network, interoperability on all telecom networks, benchmarking, secure application delivery, seamless mobility and quality of service etc., for smooth uptake and growth of NGN in the country. This includes setting up test processes and procedures for standardizing the mandatory tests.
- To serve indigenous as well as international Telecom equipment manufacturers, Telecom operators, Regulators, Application/Content Service Providers, independent Software developers, R&D Institutions, Educational Institutes, Chipset manufacturers etc. for conformance, performance, functional and interoperability among public networks and to benchmark devices/ applications/ networks/ services for all real life scenarios.
- Access Lab would have a facility to test user equipment of access nodes of mobile technologies.
- Access points of other wireless technologies like Wifi & Bluetooth and IOT/M2M devices using wireless technologies are also planned to be tested.
- Participation & providing inputs to ITU-T SG13, SG17 & SG20 National Working Group.
- Technical input to various other ministries/organisation viz DOT,BSNL,MTNL.
- Technical interaction with ITU,TRAI, APT, TDSAT, DSIR, DIT, TDB, NDMA, BIS, TCOE and other telecom stakeholders.