Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MRA)
MRA Division has been appointed as the Designating Authority (DA) on behalf of DoT for Conformity Assessment Bodies (CABs)/ Certification Bodies (CBs)located in India to perform testing and certification of Telecom Products/ Equipment. It is vested with the responsibility for designating Conformity Assessment Bodies (CABs) under the scheme for designating Domestic CABs and CBs for Conformity assessment and certification of Telecom equipment and recognition of Foreign CABs/ CBs for implementation of Mandatory Testing & Certification of Telecom Equipment (MTCTE).MRA Division mainly deals with:
1. Development of Ecosystem for seamless implementation of Mandatory Testing and Certification of Telecom Equipment (MTCTE) in accordance with National Digital Communication Policy (NDCP).
- Designation of Domestic Conformity Assessment Bodies (CABs)/ Certification Bodies (CBs) and their Renewal/ Suspension/ Withdrawal thereof.
- Entering into Mutual Recognition Agreements (MRAs) with other countries & & Recognition of Foreign CABs/ CBs.
2. Review and modification of Policy, Rules and Procedures for Designation of Domestic and Recognition of Foreign CABs/ CBs for ease of implementation of MTCTE.
3. Coordination with various Stakeholders for smooth implementation of MTCTE [Government Bodies/ Institutions like BIS/ NABL/ ITI/ CDOT and Divisions of TEC/ DoT].
4. Assessment of the capacity, Turn Around Time (TAT) and monthly throughput of CABs designated for testing of products against various Standards/ Specifications.
5. Implementation of Global Testing Practices with regard to Conformance and Interoperability.
6. Formulation of Surveillance Policy for Domestic/ Foreign CABs/ CBs.
7. Monitoring of progress, timely resolution of the reported issues and generation of MIS Reports in respect of implementation of MTCTE.
1. Provide inputs for Annual Action Plan, ISO 9001-2015 Audit, MIS Reports, RTI, PG/ Court cases, Budget/ Audit, Minister/ VIP cases, Parliament Questions/ Committees etc.
To qualify for designation/ recognition, the CABs/ CBs must fulfill the criteria as given in the scheme at clause no. 9.
- Scheme for Designating Domestic Testing and Certification Bodies for Conformity Assessment of Telecommunication Equipment (Issue 2- December 2017) (Amendment No.1, 18th June, 2018) (Amendment No.2, Ist November, 2018) (Amendment No.3,18th Jul,2019).
- Scheme for Recognising Foreign Testing and Certification Bodies for Conformity Assessment of Telecommunication Equipment (Issue 2- December 2017).
At present India has Mutual Recognition Agreement or Arrangement (MRA) with Singapore in Telecom Sector. IDA Singapore has scheme for recognition of CAB / CBs which gives details of their Telecom Specifications and Test Procedure. Details about Singapore on Telecom sector is available at Infocomm Development Authority (IDA), Singapore.
- List of documents required against Legal Identity & address proof w.r.t. Annexure -1 of scheme.
- UNDERTAKING [To be submitted by the applicant with the CAB application].
- UNDERTAKING [Undertaking format submitted by Govt. bodies for NON NABL].
- Click here for payment for CAB through NTRP (online).
- Guidelines for payment to TEC for designation of Conformity Assessment Body (CABs).
- List of the Domestic Designated CABs.
- List of Domestic CABs whose designation withdrawn.